Shibboleth Workshop Series
Need training on Shibboleth installation and support? Interested in getting the most out of your InCommon Federation participation? Consider attending the identity provider and/or the service provider sessions in the Shibboleth Workshop Series.
Upcoming Training Sessions
THe 2015 schedule is not yet finalized
Please be sure to read the technical requirements before registering.
- Self-paced technical installation and configuration
- For campuses new to Shibboleth and those upgrading to version 2
- 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (local time) each day
- Choose either Identity Provider or Service Provider session
- Install under Linux (CentOS) or Microsoft Windows environment
The workshops provide technical installation and configuration experience with Shibboleth version 2.x using a self-paced set of instructions. This program was developed for campuses new to Shibboleth and those interested in upgrading to 2.x.
- Install either a prototype identity or service provider in either a Linux (CentOS) or Windows virtual machine environment (familiarity with Tomcat is very helpful in this training environment).
- Hear tips for configuring and running the software in production.
- Learn about integration with LDAP directories and selected packages, as well as advanced topics.
Knowledge of identity management concepts and related implementation experience is strongly recommended. See the Technical Requirements page for more details on this and for laptop setup.
Institutions are encouraged to send up to two attendees who best represent the following functions:
- System install, integration, and ongoing support staff
- Campus technology architects
Resource: InCommon resources book (this may come in handy).
For information about the Shibboleth Workshop Series, please contact InCommon at:
Voice: (906) 523-9620 (Dean Woodbeck)